Bringing your wedding dreams to life is oftentimes a hectic experience. Especially stressfu is making and keeping your bridesmaids happy throughout the bridesmaids gown selection process. They want to look good, too, and it’s not easy to pick a style flattering to every shape, budget and size. Below are questions Bridals by Lori is often asked by brides– just another way we can make your special day easier!
1. What style of bridesmaids gown flatters all shapes and sizes?
Consider the height, dress size and body shape of each of your bridesmaids and select a gown accordingly. If you have a bridesmaid who has larger hips or legs, an A-line skirt is the best option for bridesmaids of all shapes and sizes. For a bridesmaid who has a larger bust, she might feel more comfortable with straps on her dress versus a strapless style. For an electric and distinctive look, many brides are allowing their maids to select whatever style they prefer. A bride chooses a designer’s color and fabric, and the bridesmaids may select any gown within those parameters. Many designers offer two piece bridesmaids dresses which also offer versatility.
Proper measurements and alterations are the most important factors in ensuring that your bridesmaids look and feel their best. It is best to allow a Bridals by Lori bridesmaids consultant to conduct professional measurements on each of your bridesmaids for the best fit. Remember that bridesmaids gowns run very small so worrying about sizes is silly! Almost every bridesmaids gown will need alterations upon arrival. Plan for plenty of time to receive quality, beautiful alterations.
2. What are dress options for the pregnant bridesmaid?
Comfort is the top priority for the pregnant bridesmaid. Different options are suggested depending on how far along she will be at the time of the wedding. The bridesmaid may decide to estimate her future size and order a larger dress, or the bridesmaid may order fabric and have a dress custom made closer to the wedding, Many designers such as Vera Wang offer stylish maternity bridesmaids gowns. For proper dress sizing and fitting, Bridals by Lori recommends that the pregnant bridesmaid contact the bridesmaids specialist to evaluate her choices.
3. When are tea length bridesmaids’ dresses appropriate?
Tea length gowns are increasingly popular and offer a great “wear again” option for bridesmaids. Most commonly, tea length gowns are seen at casual, semi-formal, afternoon and outdoor weddings, such as a garden or oceanfront ceremony. The wedding’s atmosphere and feel lie in the bride’s hands. Depending on shoes and accessories, tea length dresses can be dressed up or dresses down. Bridals by Lori recommends tea length gowns for weddings before 5:00 p.m. or outdoor weddings anytime.
4. Is it proper to wear strapless gowns in a church or in the winter?
No matter what the season or location, strapless dresses can be formal and elegant for any occasion. Worried about your bridesmaids becoming chilly? A fashionable wrap or stole makes a great bridesmaids gift. Pashmina wraps are chic coverings that are a classy accessory to be work again. Do check your ceremony’s rules– very few places of worship ask that the bride and bridesmaids cover their shoulders.
5. What are the different ways to handle bridesmaids payments?
A 60% deposit is required from each bridesmaid to place the order. The remaining 40% is due within 30 days of the dress arrival or to begin alterations. Many brides choose to place a small amount towards each girl’s dress to ease expenses.
6. What about the guys?
black tie by lori offers fabulous, high-quality tuxedos to complete your wedding day look.