Most bridal gowns are handmade and the arrival of your gown may take anywhere from 4 to 6 months depending on the designer. Gowns can be discontinued or chosen for a sample sale with no notice to the bride, so once you find the perfect dress do not hesitate to order it. When ordering, a 60% deposit is required in the form of cash, check or credit card (excluding American Express.) The remaining 40% balance is due 30 days after the gown’s arrival. bridals by lori will store your gown for up to 90 days after it’s arrival from the designer.
Once you have found the perfect dress and made the decision to place an order, a trained bridals by lori consultant will take careful measurements to ensure the best fit possible. While a size is recommended by our staff, the size choice is always the bride’s decision. Many custom sizing options are available from couture designers for an extra charge, including opening the cup for large chests, adding extra length for tall brides, spilt sizing, hollow to hem and more. However, no matter the complexity of measurements, custom fittings are required in most cases for a hem, bustle, nip and tuck.
3. Arrival and Fittings.
Upon the arrival of your bridal gown, it is shipped directly to bridals by lori from the designer, lightly pressed and inspected for any flaws in our shipping and receiving department. The bride will then receive a phone call from a bridal consultant, notifying her that the wedding gown has arrived. It is up to the bride to call our custom fitting and pressing department to schedule a fitting. Fittings take from 10-12 weeks and require approximately 3 separate appointments. Rush fittings are available.